8.23.2009

Silly things my Corgis do...



This morning, I realize that these two little Corgis have some strange (and not-so-strange) habits and rituals!

Diamond has decided that two king size sheets, placed in a mushed-up pile next to her "real" doggy bed, make a much better place to sleep.

On mornings when it has been raining or she manages to get a little too wet from where the sprinklers ran overnight, I wrap her up in a towel and sit at the computer with her all wrapped up. I slowly dry her paws and belly. NOW she thinks this should happen each and every morning...even when it is dry. And only on the first walk of the day...no others. She wants to be wrapped up in a towel and sit on my lap at the computer.

But, before we go on said first walk of the morning, I have to sit on the ottoman and put on my shoes. While this happens, Diamond jumps up on the ottoman, stands on her back legs, and places both front paws on the top of my head. If she REALLY wants me to hurry, I get kisses on my neck in addition! But, again, this is ONLY on the first walk of the day!

Did I mention that Diamond likes rawhides? But only the ones that Blaze has pre-chewed for her...the soft, icky, sticky ones. And she usually wants them while he is still chewing them. But that's okay, because she is willing to give him her hard rawhide with very little wear. Isn't that a good trade? LOL!

Blaze has his own little habits. He figured out that Thad calls before he comes home. So, when the phone rings (and every time the phone rings), he barks at it and runs to me...just so I know to answer it. When I hang up, he runs to the garage door and sits. And sits. And sits. Sometimes I have to tell him that no one is coming right now. He rarely believes me.

Blaze has to have nighttime cuddles. It's our fault. When he was an "only puppy", we would put him in the bed for about 15 minutes before crating him for the night. If we miss those 15 minutes, he will sit in his crate and bark and cry. So, we go and get him, cuddle, put him back in the crate, and absolutely no noise do we hear. Spoiled puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment